Soccer + ousity = ferocious or intense soccer
So we had our first game this week on Tuesday. It was very cold and all of us had multiple layers under our uniforms to keep warm. Well, all of us except Grace. She's very tough. So anyways coach told me last-minute I'm on defense not midfield. I don't mind playing there but it would have been nice if she told me that Before the game. So after our professional looking warm ups we started our First Game. It was against a mean team that swore a lot and yelled un-kindish things at everyone. They wore oddly shaded green jerseys so I notsoaffectionately nicknamed them the leprechauns. We lost to the leprechauns 1-4 but we played really well for being a lot less experienced than them (it was their 4th game opposed to our 1st) So we were proud of ourselves.
Our next game was Thursday. It was way warmer and our matching warm-up shirts were actually too warm. The team this time was HuGe. 3 times as many people as us, not exaggerating. We had 1 sub.(Philippians 4:13) So we start the game and found out these girls were Way nicer than the leprechauns, which is weird because that game was more intense and lots of people got hurt; nerve-racking with 1 sub. The game was tied 1-1 until less then 10 minutes until the end of the second half. Then they scored another goal. (Matthew 27:46 B) that verse is what it felt like in the heat and excitement of the game. But of coarse that's not how things really were, and overall I guess it was a good game.
I'm very excited for our home game Thursday!
A story not pertaining to soccer: Sara and I got to run down to the other end of the school today to perform micro-surgery on my glasses with a tiny screw driver and an even more tiny screw. It was fun!
Featured quote:
"It's not just right, it's very right!"
-some student
Friday, April 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment